We take the issue of privacy and data protection seriously. We acknowledge that you may submit information about yourself or your business and that you trust us to act responsibly with this information. Please note that by visiting our site, you are accepting the practices described in this notice.1.1
We will not sell, share, or rent your personal information to any third party or use your email address for unsolicited mail.
2. Collecting personal information
2.1 We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
(a) information about your visits to and use of this website. This may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths.
(b) information contained in or relating to any communications that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and meta data associated with the communication);
3. Using your personal information
3.1 Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
3.2 We may use your personal information to:
(a) administer our website and business;
(b) send you non-marketing commercial communications;
(c) send you email notifications that you have specifically requested;
(d) send you marketing communications relating to our website (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
(e) keep our website secure and prevent fraud;
(f) verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website;
3.5 We will not supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of direct marketing.
4. Disclosing personal information
4.1 We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
4.2 We may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
(e) to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
4.4 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
6. Retaining personal information
6.1 This Section 7 sets out our data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
6.2 Personal information that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
6.3 Without prejudice to Section 7.2, we will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below:
(a) personal data type will be deleted date/time; and
(b) repeat as necessary.
6.4 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section 7, we will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
7. Security of your personal information
7.1 We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
7.2 We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
7.3 All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
7.4 You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7.5 You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
8.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
8.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
8.3 We may notify you of changes to this policy by email or through the private messaging system on our website.
9. Your rights
9.1 You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to: (a) the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP £10); and (b) the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
9.2 We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
9.3 You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
9.4 In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
10. Third party websites
10.1 Our website may include hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
10.2 We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
11. Updating information
11.1 Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The terms "Stansted Fluid Power", "SFP", "www.stanstedfluidpower.com", "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is listed below.
1. The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
2. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
3. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
4. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
5. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
6. Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
7. From time to time this website may also include links to other website's. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
8. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
To contact us please use the details above.
Name & Registered Office:
Stansted Fluid Power Ltd
New Horizon Business Centre
Barrows Road, Harlow, Essex
CM19 5FN, UK
Company No. 00918486